A New Project for Readers!
Updated: Feb 12
What it's all about
Submit a very short video playing one note, and it will be joined with others to make an orchestra and a piece of music!
Instructions (8 items):
1) Choose an instrument, or anything that makes sound. You can get creative, the instrument does not have to be musical. For example, if it beeps, that beep counts as a note!
2) Use your smart phone or any device that records sound and video. Your camera on your smart phone will most definitely have a video function.
3) Press record and capture yourself playing one note.
4) This note can be any pitch. It can be short or long, loud or soft, or anywhere in between. It can even start out one way and end another, like start loud and get softer. This is the kind of creativity possible with just one note!
5) The note can be sung, played on an instrument or some other object. It can be a pitch, or it can be percussive. If you like the sound of the fog horn out you window, or the ding of the end of the dryer cycle, then capture that.
6) It would be nice to see your face in the video, but you don't have to show it. Show the fog, show the dryer, or point the camera at the ceiling... it all works!
7) If your video has more than just the note in it, just leave it as is, and it will get edited down to just the note.
8) Send your note video to firstname.lastname@example.org
Extra Technical Help
If you want to participate and need detailed instructions on how to use your phone, tablet, etc. for recording purposes, take a look at these articles:
How to Take Videos With an Android Phone:
How to Record Video with an iPhone or iPad:
Submissions must be received by March 15, 2021.
What will happen to my recording?
It will make you a part of our online orchestra. All of the notes will be put together to make music! This music will be shared with you in an upcoming email.
Keep in mind that nothing will be shared beyond the sounds of music. Not your name, not anything else.
Thank you and I look forward to putting each of you into this new piece of music!